Mavic Pro IMU Calibration Tutorial
The IMU on your Mavic Pro can fall out of sync at times when you're using your quadcopter.
If you are having problems flying your Mavic, an IMU calibration may help you get back in the air.
Heliguy has put together this step by step guide to show you how to recalibrate your Mavic Pro's IMU.
Before Calibrating the Mavic's IMU
- Install the latest DJI GO app from the relevant app store.
- Ensure aircraft battery and remote are fully charged.
- Connect your Mavic's remote control with your mobile device, which should also be fully charged.
How to Calibrate IMU on the Mavic Pro Quadcopter
As long as you've put the prerequisites above in place, you're ready to move ahead with the calibration.
Here is a step by step guide:
- Fold up your Mavic and place it on a completely flat surface.
- Turn on the Mavic.
- Open the DJI GO app on your mobile device.
- Click the blue 'Camera' button.
- Click the Main Controller settings option from the top of the screen (the icon that looks like a quadcopter at the top of the screen).
- Select the 'Advanced Settings' option from the bottom of the menu on the right-hand side.
- Tap the 'Sensors' option.
- Ensure you're on the IMU tab in this screen, then click the 'Calibrate IMU' option.
- Follow the instructions you'll see on the screen, which tell you to remove propellers and keep the aircraft on a flat surface, then click the 'Start Calibration' button on the screen.
- The app will prompt you to move the aircraft into 5 different positions. Simply move your aircraft into the position shown on screen and lay it flat on the surface.
- Once you've moved your Mavic aircraft into these 5 different positions and the app has calibrated the IMU, you'll see a 'Calibration Complete' prompt on the screen. Simply click this button to complete the process.
- That's it - your Mavic Pro's IMU has now been calibrated.
(source 04-11-2016 - www.heliguy.com)